1. I love Poladroid pics. The above photo was taken on my MacBook Pro with PhotoBooth and then sent through Poladroid magicland!
2. I have a new haircut. This is version 3 in as many days. I am creating a LO to tell the full story.
3. I love how the retro / vintage styles are making a comeback!
4. There is never enough time in my day to play with paper and photos. And sometimes not enough time to blog either...I've been scarce this week, sorry!
5. I have been working with one of the classes in my school that is learning all about creating installations and how they can communicate ideas through a public display. I came across this website that created rainbow installations and was dazzled by their beauty.
6. I love Elise's idea for Documenting 2011. I haven't decided on my own format yet but her post has me thinking, for sure.
7. It is nearing two years since I took Karen Russell's online photography class. I cannot say enough about how meaningful and valuable this class was for me in furthering my photography skills. There are 2 things that made this class stand out for me: First, Karen's passion for photography just bubbles out of her and her passion spurred on my passion. Secondly, she taught me how to THINK like a photographer. No other class that I have taken allowed me inside the head of the photographer quite like Karen did. Amazing...is all I can say.
If you are interested at all in taking a photography class, Karen's next class is open for registration this coming Monday, Feb. 21. Check it out. You won't be sorry!
8. I had a lovely Valentine's Day (actually weekend) with my family and I am working on a LO to document it. It's coming. Soon.
9. While my daughter was hosting a Valentine's party with her girlfriends at our house, my husband went out to buy a 26" TV for our bedroom so that he would not have to miss the hockey game. Not being a fan of TV to begin with, I protested. However, Sunday morning found the four of us piled in our bed watching HGTV together. This is no longer a common occurrence in our home, with 2 teenaged girls. It was kinda nice. Don't tell my husband I said that last bit.