So, the signs of fall are popping up all around me.
I was sitting under this tree in my yard last night and the yellow leaves were raining down on me. I couldn't help but smile. Truly, this is my favourite season of the year.
As I was reflecting, I decided to write a list of reasons why I love the fall season:
1. the colours are changing
2. the temperatures are cooling in the evening making it easier and more comfortable to sleep
3. a warm cup of tea is so comforting
4. soup comes back on the menu
5. the start up of the school year means new beginnings for me in routines, structures, plans and goals
6. the flower beds need attending and put to rest for the winter
7. subtle layers of clothing come out: light sweaters and scarves, longer pants, ankle boots
8. lighting candles indoors creates a lovely atmosphere
9. the sun is rising as I am driving to work and I get to see the brilliant colours
10. it is cooler for my evening run (and I don't overheat!)
11. there seems to be more time to get together with friends and family after erratic summer schedules kept us apart
12. there is a string of family birthdays
13. everything pumpkin flavoured starts to show up!
How about you?
What are your favourites of the fall season?